Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Measurement Day/Hydroxycut

OK! I feel like I'm getting a new start. At the beginning of this month, I OFFICIALLY measured my:

-Belly
-Hips
-Arms
-Thighs
-Calves

And I weighed myself.

Mr. Scale, I want a rematch

And a rematch we will have!

MAY 1, 2013 is the next "weigh-in" day.

I'm not gonna lie. If I have made no progress this month, I will be needing some serious help getting back on the wagon. So far this month I've been trying extra hard to eat well, and get out and exercise at LEAST 3x a week. Last week I got 4 days, and this week I haven't gotten any (yet).

The weather has not been welcoming here

Yeah, this week I have forgotten to work out, the rain has been pretty bad, and yesterday I was feeling really not good.

On a similar note: I am trying a more intense "dieting" regime. I had been having such a hard time about eating. I felt like I was hungry CONSTANTLY. I would only eat until I was full, and then, I swear, I would be hungry in like an hour. So I started eating small snacks every hour and a half. But how small is a small snack?

This is small, right?


 I didn't want to be eating all the time. I was getting frustrated.

SO

I have a cousin who lost a bunch of weight a few years ago. I asked what her secret was, and she said she used Hydroxycut. After a lot of consideration, I went out and bought a bottle. Turns out, it's pretty much a caffeine pill. 

These pills will make you HARDCORE! AND ELITE!!! WE DON'T KNOW HOW!!!

Probably with jitters.

Each pill has about as much caffeine as 3 cups of coffee. (Coffee has108mg of caffeine per 8 fl. oz.). Then you're supposed to take 2 pills 30 mins before every meal. 



(1 pill = 3 cups of coffee. 2 pills x 3 meals = 18 CUPS OF COFFEE A DAY). 

I think my heart just stopped

Yeah. It's a lot.

You don't just start with that (you would probably throw up). One is supposed to gradually work your way to that. The first two days you only take one pill with your two biggest meals. The next two you take 2 with each big meal, and so on.

I think it's interesting that diet pills only work with proper diet and exercise. Ideally, ALL diets would work with proper diet and exercise.

But I am not doing this to medicate my fat away, I just want a little help not feeling hungry, There's no way I actually am hungry, but I feel it in my gut. It's weird.

I know a lot of people are really against taking pills like this, but I am still eating 1500 cals a day (I absolutely make sure of it!) and exercising. I'm working on making good eating decisions too.

BUT

There is a positive thing about the caffeine: It has made my mood so much better! As a student, I have school at around 8AM, and as a theater student, I have rehearsal until 10PM. I do not usually get to go home and do nothing. Then when I finally get home I usually have 2-5 hours of homework. Admittedly, I don't always DO my homework, but even by 6:30PM (when my rehearsal starts) I'm usually tired, and ready to be done with the day.

Not to mention MAD grumpy.

I have been struggling with being in a bad mood, and feeling negative all year, and recently, I've felt a pick-me-up. People who had been getting under my skin, all of a sudden, weren't bothering me very much anymore. That might seem like not a big thing, but I had "I-hate-people" tunnel vision. I felt like my whole life was consumed with just putting up with stupid people.


NOW


Bliss

Do I know I'm probably getting addicted to caffeine? Yes. Do I realize I might not actually be happy, but I'm just getting a constant stimulus? YES. Do I care? Not really. I've been so miserable that a little stimulus is just what I needed. If caffeine makes people less annoying, bring on the addiction.

But in all seriousness, I will not buy another bottle of Hydroxycut. It was pretty expensive, it makes me feel a little jittery, and I just want a little jump start. If I get closer to my wedding and want to lose a few more pounds, I might pick up another bottle, but I don't want this to be my new lifestyle. I want healthy food and yoga and running and stuff like that. IF I need to keep the caffeine, I guess I'll have an afternoon coffee












No comments:

Post a Comment